Image Server is simple web based digital photo management system. It
is used to display, store, annotate, and archive thousands of photos.
There are many built-in features to make it easy to display your
photos to the world.
You can check out a demo here.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge.
To download a current version of Image Server, choose one of the options
This software is licensed under the
- Able to store ten of thousands of images.
- Arranges photos into albums with thumbnails
- Albums are easy to use and can be nested.
- Metadata about images is stored, including title, description, captions, and date.
- Photos are scaled to fit your browser.
- Mouse Click zoom - clicking on a photo will automagically zoom in on that point.
- One click button to change a photo to black and white.
- Photos can easily be adjusted for brightness, contrast, and sharpness.
- Photo search (over the titles, captions, or descriptions.)
- Albums can be downloaded into a zip archive.
- Photos can be deleted from an album.
- Photos can be rotated by 90 or 270 degrees.
- Regions of the photos can be labeled.
- All manipulations (rotation, cropping, etc) to a photo is stored as a annotation,
never changing the actual photo.
- Viewers can add comments to a photo.
- move/copy operations
- create new/delete folder operation
- queue and print operations
- ability to save a set of tranformations on an image and treat it
as another image.
View Full Archives
||Version 2004_02_01 released.
added the ability for albums to turn on/off comments, photo
ordering, and whether the filename should be used in place of a
added the ability to order a photo print via shutterfly.com.
added the ability to designate a cover photo for an album.
||Version 2003_06_12 released.
added the ability for viewers to add comments.
added a printable view
added a Powered By ImageServer logo to the bottom of the pages.
added a keywords field to photos
added a bydate view
built seperate admin pages for the index and photo display
added the ability to constrain the crop window
dedicated slideshow view
added a slideshow button to the photo index pages
changed to work with Windows/Apache
||Version 2002_09_19 released.
added start_cgi.py for installations that don't have mod_python installed.
fixed an IE click zoom bug
||Version 2002_09_17 released.
fixed virtual hosting system (uses .vhosts directory)
uses a cookie to remember desired photo size
uses .access directory to hold authenication data
revamped image manipulation system into a pipeline.
||Version 2002_08_19 released.
upgraded to work with apache 1.3+ and mod_python 2.7.8
added the crop and label features
uses ClearSilver for templating
||Version 2001_01_19 released.
changed the log format to include the referer and useragent
added admin security login
added a configuration check for all binaries
added a config.py and site_config.py module for configuration options.
||Version 2000_12_14 released.
changed the layout to include a drop shadow on each of the photos.
adds a count of the number of photos in a album to its title.
||Version 2000_11_01 released.
added the delete operation
added the rotate 90 and rotate 270 operation
automatic invalidation of the image after it has been rotated
added the automatic redirection after an operation is finished